Wednesday 31 May 2017

Game Engine 31/05/17

I've finished implementing shadows + deferred rendering and I had some frustrating errors relating to shadow acne and transforming camera view space to light space, but I managed to go fix it all.

Here is a video showing the new looks of the graphics:



For shader loading I wrote a "compiler" from a customised version of GLSL to normal GLSL.
For example, I can write this:


$$VERTEX
// This becomes the vertex shader

$Position$ in vec3 vertPosition; // Automatically assigns this attribute to the vertex position

void main() {
    [...]
}

$$FRAGMENT
// This becomes the fragment shader

out vec4 fragColor;

void main() {
    [...]
}

All of this makes it easier to write and store shaders (single file, instead of multiple).
I'm might add CSM (cascaded shadow mapping) as it is better for large terrains and spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment