Tuesday 11 July 2017

Game Prototype 11/07/17

While I'm away from the computer where my project files are, I'm taking advantage to plan some stuff ahead that I will do once I arrive such as the game GUI (Graphical User Interface).

Here is an image I made on paint.net showing how I'm thinking it should be:

(this is not already implemented, it is just a preview)
In the top left you can see the two resource bars, the Energium bar (the yellow one) and the Materium bar (the blue one). They show how full is our resource storage and how much resources we have.
In the top center there is the HP bar, showing how full is our HP.

At the bottom center there is a menu where we select what type of building we want to build (drills, turrets, resource storages, etc).
It is based on the tower construction menu on Savage Moon (PS3 game I played some years ago):


As you can see I'm trying to make the GUI as simple as possible to use, and as small as possible too, as I dont want to have the screen filled with buttons and other stuff.

I will also implement a debug menu with cheats so I can test gameplay mechanics without having to spend 10 minutes every time just to wait for the enemies to arrive.

When the GUI is implemented I will post a video on YouTube showing how it works.
If you have any suggestions or questions don't hesitate to contact me by posting a comment on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment