Sunday 18 June 2017

Game Prototype 18/06/17

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I've been busy studying for the final exams.
This time I've given up on making my on physics system because it is really hard to do something good enough, and it will probably end up really slow. So, instead, I opted by using Bullet Physics. So basically what I've been doing is creating a wrapper for Bullet on my Game Engine. Here is the result:



As show in the video, integrating Bullet on my Game Engine means that I have now collisions working between the player and the terrain (will also be used for projectiles, such as missiles).

You can also see I made some models for the terrain (temporary).
In the next post I will probably have already added a Resource (game resources, not models, textures, etc) system, where I store data about how many Materium, (further explained in the game document) for example, the player has.
This will be essential for the functioning of the Prototype.

No comments:

Post a Comment