Tuesday 15 November 2016

Game Project - 001

I've been programming a new game lately, and it is yet in a very early stage. It is mainly about surviving in a hostile world, but i'm still designing it. It will be also played with a top-down view, and you will control a player. I'm planning to make temperature, food and water the most important aspects of the game.

The problem is that i'm being slowed down by the need of textures. I'm hoping that some of my friends can help me making them :P

Here is a pic of what I've already done:

As you can see I already have "smooth" transitions between different types of terrain
I still need to improve the transition textures.

I will be keeping you updated with what i do in terms of progress. Currently, I'm trying to implement "entities", for example, trees, players and animals.

1 comment:

  1. As to why I've abandoned this game, I really didn't, I just decided that it would be easier to represent the game in 3D and that I could learn more new stuff that way. So I moved to work on a 3D Game Engine using OpenGL, as described on more recent posts.

    ReplyDelete